Monday, May 10, 2010

Best One-piece suits for summer

EVERYONE and their sister gets two piece swimsuits. I certainly have two, one is a red number from Target, and the other is black with red/green/yellow accents, also from Target. I only have one other, a one-piece gold halter from Old Navy that I found about two years ago.  The fit isn't the best, it would look better on someone with a smaller chest, but I love the gold.  It's like a cheap version of the American Apparel suit.  Anyway, I really want to expand my collection of swimsuits, because there are so many different styles and colors out there, especially in the one-piece arena. I decided to scope out some of my favorite online shops and present to you my top picks for ONE-PIECE swimsuits for this summer! 

The Gangsta
This hooded onesie from American Apparel is just right! The cut is high, the back low, and the hood, well, hooded. $48.




The Retro

This French Connection Retro Stripe Cut Out Swimsuit is found on ASOS for $67.64.  More of a two piece rather than a one because of the cut-out, it could still pass for a onesie since it covers the navel (just realized this is called a monokini). Love it.



The Naughty


This Marc by Marc Jacobs Skull Embroidered Underwired Halter Swim Suit is on ASOS and is $287.45. Worth every penny.





 
The Flapper
I picked this one because I've never seen anything like it, and I think it'd look pretty sexy when wet! It's a MouillĂ© Montica Fringe Swimsuit on ASOS and totals $186.  
 
 
 
The Esther Williams
 

Modcloth is your one-stop shop for all things vintage-inspired.  They have the above style in pretty much an color, as well as plus-sizes.  The low-cut leg, halter top, and ruching across the front is extremely flattering on any body type. This one is $89.99. 
 
 
 
The Blazed
 

Definitely for the daring, this moderate coverage one piece (also hooded) is just plain fierce, and so are all the pictures! Yow-eeee! $45, on Etsy at the shop of PistolitaLaMuerta
 
 
 
 
 The Vintage

Certainly not the most flattering, but the colors are fabulous. And if vintage 1960's and 70's is your thing, this bohemian novelty will keep you suited in style! $79 on oldage at Etsy.



The Grecian

This one is just so cute I can't stop LOOKING AT IT. I'm googly-eyed. I want it. And it's only $32 on Etsy's BeckyDrolen. Which by the way is an insanely amazing shop, and the stuff is quite affordable!
 
 
 
 
The Hipster
 

LOVING this Iris print piece, from digvintageclothing, on Etsy. Only $24 and is vintage 1970's-80's. Another great store, with lots of other one-piece suits for spring. Dig it. 
 
 
 

The Native

This lavender dream from insight on 80s Purple is backless with a navajo print. Gorgeous at $86.

I could keep going, but decided to stop there. Hope you've gotten some ideas for summer swimin'!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...