Tuesday, October 5, 2010

rocktober.

I'm so glad I have a fresh start for October. It's my favorite month, and I feel like I'm where I need to be in the moment. That's such an important thing...being content with where you are, making the most of your situation (work, school, family, relationships, etc.), and surrounding yourself with positive people. I've learned some things within the past few months, things about myself that I needed to learn. Sometimes the growing is painful and the repercussions of ones' actions are just a big disappointment. But that's life. Everything that happens in life is for a reason, and it's important to remember the good parts. Why dwell on things that hinder you from living the way you want to live? I've always desired to be a person who is always moving, growing, progressing, and changing. If I recognize that I'm not, then I have to consciously change my habits and environment. And even though life is weird, I have learned one important thing through it all. That being, orange ginger mint tea is my favorite tea, and when it's free, it's even BETTER.


The Viktor & Rolf Spring show...one of my favorite designers, purely because they're weird Dutch dudes. And Flowerbomb smells like France.  Anyway, this show was interesting...they mixed white classics with innovative architectural dresses, and it all came off as being very Dutch. I like!

Sleeves made from cuffs? Amazing! Queen Elizabeth would roll over in her grave.

All Viktor & Rolf photos courtesy of Dazed Digital


Lanvin, one of THE MOST influential fashion houses in the 20th century (and one of my favorites) will be unveiling a collection for H&M on November 3, just three weeks before the pieces hit stores. This is going to be epic! Read the full story here.


Speaking of Lanvin, here are my favorite looks from the spring show, photos from Dazed Digital:






These boots from Nasty Gal are my current obsession. $162, Jeffrey Campbell, of course.

Lara Stone for November British Vogue= HOT

courtesy of DesignScene


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...