Friday, February 11, 2011

Top Picks for Fall 2011 NYFW/February 11

So far, and there haven't been that many big name shows yet, but the theme is GRUNGE.  I'm so excited for fall. Lots of velvet, satin, loose-fittings pants, tight pants, plaid, leather, and blocked-fur, which is something I haven't really seen before. It appears from what I've seen thus far, designers are making clothes that real people wear, although the themes for fall will of course be more clear as the next few days pass.  Regardless, the looks I've picked are things I would wear.  So many soft fabrics mixed with harder, edgier pieces.  Basically how I wish I could dress each day.

Nicholas K

photos by Yannis Vlamos/GoRunway.com
The boots. The materials. The draping. Grunge is back, ya'll. Break out the doc martens. 


Steven Alan
I'm obsessed with this man. He's roughly new, this is his first Fall RTW show, and he hit the nail on the head with this collection. I loved everything, it was difficult to pick which ones I wanted to post here.  Total hipster feel and it works cause he wasn't trying too hard. Like a lot of Urban Outfitters designers seem to be doing lately.

the loafers!!!

Chic Grandma.

I hope the man I marry owns multiple wool suits.

Photos by Amanda De Simone/ GoRunway.com
This look is so sexy. A red velvet double-tiered skirt with matching blazer? It's like The Kooples decided one day to kick it up a few notches.  Total sex.

Organic by John Patrick

photo by Amanda De Simone/GoRunway.com
Not too crazy about this collection except for this particular look. The lace with the school-girl blazer and patent-leather boots really works.
Rachel Zoe

photo courtesy of Rachel Zoe via style.com
I don't see all-white ensembles done well that often, but this one is perfect. Maybe I'm just excited about seeing redheads in all-white, it's something different. Like Karen Elson at the amFAR New York Gala.

Wes Gordon





photos by Amanda De Simone/GoRunway.com
Simply put, I am in love with Wes Gordon.  I don't know what he looks like, but I am in love with him.  This is exactly how a woman should dress. The high-waisted wide-leg trousers and that gold velvet dress....AHHHH! I could die.


Tim Hamilton
I love the pattern on the coat and the modern cut. It wouldn't look great on someone with a chest, but it's still super hot.
photos by Amanda De Simone/GoRunway.com
 one word. NICE.




MORE TO COME

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...