Wednesday, April 14, 2010

thoughtspace

What a pretty pretty day!! Had a job interview this morning, and it didn't take me long to realize sales isn't for me. Even though it's good money with lots of incentives, the thought of going out into the community and selling insurance to businesses just makes me nervous. At least I know I can check that off my list. 

I've always wanted to have a job where I could get a great paycheck, but if it's something I know I couldn't be happy doing, what's the point? I need to be more content with being frugal and living within my means, instead of fantasizing and day-dreaming. Although money would be a plus, I don't want that to be my main focus and desire. It's more important to me to be a creative individual and love what I do, rather than doing something I hate and am uncomfortable doing just so that I can spoil myself. I just have to let go and trust that a good job will come along at the right time. I think it's mainly that I'm sick sick sick of being in school and not having money. Things are going to change a lot when I'm out, and I need to keep looking forward to the future and all the great things that are coming my way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Came across this excellent photographer Sandy Kim just yesterday. She's one of Vice magazine's employees of the month and also has a sick blog.  Her photos are a little bizarre, very sexy, and will probably appeal to the "hipster crowd"- if you will. 



Anyone who knows me knows I go ga-ga for anything black or sequined.  Black and/or sequined dresses steal my heart. And there are 2 right now on the Feathers blog. Be sure to check out the site if you haven't already.....




look 1


look 2


 I'm extremely excited about the new book I found in the library yesterday, Pretty Things by Liz Goldwyn.  

Perfect for my senior project on Burlesque.  I talked to Dr. Beck today and we've concluded that writing the 20-page paper makes more sense.  I wanted so badly to have a collaborative performance, but it's just been too difficult to find the time and the resources to make it awesome. At least I'll have some solid research and and knowledge of the burlesque world when I graduate, which in itself is one of the most valuable things I could possess. 



H&M's latest video is an interview with Cameron Silver, owner of DECADES in LA. This short video takes a peep into his private showroom...


Tim Miller came as a guest artist for the past couple of days, he is amazing.  He's a renowned solo performance artist and founded PS122 in New York and Highways in LA. I was able to make it to the workshop he had yesterday, and it was awesome.  We created some original work and then performed for everyone else, quite an emotional experience to say the least. Here's some work of his:



And the hottie of the week is....
Gael Garcia Bernal

bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...